Employees of the University that have been assigned hearing protection to reduce workplace noise exposures from high level noise (as identified by EHSS job task evaluations) are expected to fulfill the requirements of the University’s Hearing Conservation Program (HCP) written in conjunction with the OSHA Occupational Exposure to Noise Standard (29 CFR 1910.95) and related amendments.
Areas of concern will be appropriately evaluated and applicable hearing protection, engineering or administrative controls will be implemented as required according to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) standard for Occupational Exposure to Noise and its related amendments.
The University seeks to minimize occupational hazards to employees and expects them to act responsibly by:
- adhering to the policy and procedures outlined in the written program
- participating in the prescribed audiometric evaluations
- attending annual training
- properly wearing and caring for their assigned hearing protection equipment
- knowing the job tasks for which hearing protection is required