Environmental Health and Safety Services (EHSS) develops environmental compliance programs, policies, procedures, and best management practices to assist the University in achieving compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
EHSS prepares and maintains the University’s environmental permits, licenses, registrations and related regulatory reports, and serves as the University’s liaison with environmental regulatory agencies such as the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection.
- Clean Air Programs
- Bulk Storage Tanks
- Oil Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Pesticide Use Compliance
- Site Assessments and Site Management Plans
- Wastewater and Stormwater
- Community Right-to-Know Reporting
- OSHA and Environmental, Health and Safety Regulatory Reporting and Interactions